As parents at Orange Grove, you are all members of our Family Faculty Organization (FFO). We invite you to learn more about our group by attending meetings of each month in the school library. We realize that it isn’t possible for everyone to make these meetings, especially working parents, so we’ll make sure to keep you in the loop in other ways too. The FFO has a website and blog (http://orangegroveffo.com) as well as a FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/ogmsffo/) where you can learn about our fundraisers, the various opportunities to volunteer, and read the minutes from our meetings.
Wondering how you can become more involved with OGMS? Here are 3 ideas:
- Give the gift of time: We’re looking for more people who will be able to volunteer their time and talent to help make the coming school year another great year for our students. Make signs, show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them, help students learn more about philanthropy, and more! Some of the specific ways we need help are:
- Lunch duty: We had many volunteers sign up for lunch duty at Pick Up and Unpack, but we can always use more help. During the lunch periods, parents are needed to help supervise students so teachers and staff can take their lunch break or be available to work in other areas of campus. Check out the volunteer page to learn more and sign up.
- Parking lot: Help make the morning drop-off safer for all of our kids by directing traffic in the school parking lot during the first 2 weeks of school. Check out the volunteer page to learn more and sign up.
- Join a committee: Love arts and crafts? Showing our appreciation for teachers and staff? Philanthropy? We have a committee for you! Contact Gina Mehmert, FFO president, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how you can make a difference at OGMS!
- Give the gift of financial support: THANK YOU to each of you who have already contributed to our Panther Pride Direct Donation Campaign! We value all contributions, whether it is $5 or $500, because it all goes toward supporting our students and teachers. Check out the Panther Pride page to learn more and donate!
- Give the gift of your presence: Join us at one of our upcoming events:
- Scholastic Book Fair: October 9-11 @ OGMS
Looking forward to a GREAT year at Orange Grove. Thank you from your FFO!
We publish a blog to keep you updated on the happenings at OGMS. You can sign up to receive the posts via email here: http://ogmspanthers.blogspot.com/
Follow us on the FFO Facebook page.