Keeping you in the Loop at Orange Grove
Our 2017-18 school year is off to a brilliant start! I’d like to begin by expressing our gratitude and sincere thanks to:
- All of our volunteers, parents, families, students, and staff who participated in the Pickup & Unpack days. Your help and time helped us get the new school year off to a great start!
- Everyone who joined us at Chipotle for our first Dine Out of the season. Thanks to Chipotle’s support and your time (and appetites!) we raised more than $780 for our school.
- Each family who has given the gift of financial support through our Panther Pride Direct Donation Campaign.
Wondering how you can become more involved with OGMS? Here are 3 ideas:
- Give the gift of time: Some of the specific ways we need help are:
- Lunch duty: During the lunch periods, parents are needed to help supervise students so teachers and staff can take their lunch break or be available to work in other areas of campus. This is a pretty easy job and gives you the chance to interact with the students. Learn more and sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c48aba72aa64-ogms1
- Join a committee: Love arts and crafts? Showing our appreciation for teachers and staff? Philanthropy? We have a committee for you! Contact me to learn more about how you can make a difference at OGMS!
- Give the gift of financial support: THANK YOU to each of you who have already contributed to our Panther Pride Direct Donation Campaign! Our goal is 100% participation. We value all contributions, whether it is $5 or $500 because it all goes toward supporting our students and teachers. To donate, look for the orange flyers in the office, contact Blythe Edmonson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or donate via InTouch.
- Give the gift of your presence: Join us at one of our next FFO meeting on Thursday, Oct. 26, at 8:30 a.m. in the school library. The meeting will be preceded by a principal’s meeting; stay tuned for more details on the topic and time.
Please stay in touch!
The FFO has a website and blog (http://orangegroveffo.com) as well as a FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/ogmsffo/) where you can learn about our fundraisers, the various opportunities to volunteer, and read the minutes from our meetings.
Thank you from your FFO for helping us make this another GREAT year at Orange Grove!
Gina Mehmert, OGMS FFO President